This recipe has been my go to when it comes to feeding family. I recently done this when I had my Dad and the family over for tea and there was nothing left! I can remember this recipe from being around 8 or 9 and my Mum had a party-thing called Pampered Chef at the house and this was what they made! It was amazing. Dad and I love making it and Everybody loves to eat it.
There are many variations of this recipe and how to ‘present’ it. I usually the croissant pastry and create a ring. But this worked really well for us as little snacks that would make lovely little lunchbox additions and it is so simple to make. However the boys in my household didn’t let them last that long!
Ham or bacon- I used 18 slices of bacon as that was what was in the pack- as much or as little as you want. We are real meat lovers so we usually add lots of bacon/ham.
1 white onion
500 g mature cheese- You can use a mixture of mature and mozzarella for the beautiful gooey-stringy cheesiness.
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Easy garlic- those of you that haven’t heard of easy garlic need to get some- Your welcome!
1-2 rolls of puff pastry
1 egg for glazing
What you’ve got to do
- Start by greasing up a cupcake tray. Just rub some butter all over the tray.
- Preheat the oven to 180c Our oven is a fan oven so adjust accordingly.
- Fry/bake/grill your bacon. I usually oven bake mine and then cut it in to squares once its cooled slightly.
- Grate all of the cheese.
- Slice up the onion.
- Cut the broccoli up. I tend to just use the heads of the broccoli as I don’t like having any of the stork in this but Its totally down to preference.
- once the bacon has cooled slightly put it all in to a large mixing bowl at the garlic and mustard and mix well.
- Using the pastry lay flat across the tin and press in to holes slice along the edges or round them off. I just cut square around the holes leaving plenty around the edge for pastry shrinkage.
- Fill the holes with the mixture and glaze the edges of the pastry with egg.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is golden. You can top with more cheese before baking if you want.
These taste great hot or cold!
I hope your family Enjoy these as much as mine do.